[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http responce code control

Mike Lykov combr at reg.ru
Fri Dec 14 15:21:12 CET 2007

Hi all.

I use
$ ./check_http -V
check_http (nagios-plugins 1.4.8) 1.101

And almost all work fine, but I have a question or feature request about
control over http responce codes.

When code = 200, 301, 302 plugin give OK
Code = 401, 404 etc give WARNING
code = 500 etc give CRITICAL

and all it built-in in the plugin?

I have a site with basic authentication which reply 401 code
HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

but if site responded like this for my request i think it's live and i want to
return OK status from the plugin.

I don't want to create special user for nagios in that system/site by security
considerations (plaintext passwords in configs, and if someone know it he can
enter and manage someting on the site).

Can I use some option in 1.4.8 to make 401=OK state?
Or, maybe, in later version?

Mike