[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Mon Feb 5 16:04:24 CET 2007

hey guys,

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 15:30 +0100, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
> I'm fine with this as long as we keep an eye out for
> incompatibilities. Having to tell Python users they can't use
> their language's stdlib ini-parsing module because it's
> incompatible won't come across terribly good, I guess :)

i sort of have my opinions about what the syntax should be, but
this is a really good point.  before we finalize the syntax we
should take into consideration how it would be implemented
in each language we care about[1], and make sure there are no
fundamental limitations with the particular syntax we've chosen.

	sean

[1] for us that's really only c and perl, but i think python ought to
    be included as well.  any others?