[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Feb 5 16:07:45 CET 2007

On 5 Feb 2007, at 14:49, sean finney wrote:

> however, over the weekend i started hacking out a bit of code for the
> ini parsing...  perhaps it was a bit premature to do so given what
> you've said,  but it does mean the wheel is already half-re-invented.
> with comments and natural use of whitespace it's currently 178 LoC,
> and
> would probably be less than 2x that to finish it.  the iniparser
> LoC is
> an order of magnitude larger (~2000 just for the src dir), fwiw  :)

I like to think I give more consideration to people that have
something to show - Gavin did some research into the "replacement
inline" and said it was hard to do in perl, so that swayed decisions
about switching to "defaults from config file".

I'm happy to go with your parser and see where it takes us.

Can we hold off finalising the syntax of the config files? I'm
wondering if we need to compare with the perl implementation. Gavin,
would you like to recommend a perl module to use? I'd like to be
involved in the test cases to ensure the same config file works
across languages.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243