[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed Feb 7 19:44:55 CET 2007

hey ton,

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 14:47 +0000, Ton Voon wrote:

>    - the section name cannot contain "@". I think this is fair
> enough, so will add into RFC

either that or we need to define how to properly escape such
characters.  similarly for quotes and leading/trailing spaces.

>    - Config::Tiny removes leading and trailing whitespace in the
> stanza name for legibility reasons - good idea? I've got some tests
> for those, but they are  segfaulting

oh, in the [foo] label?  i don't see why we shouldn't support that.
and in any case, segfaulting is bad, m'kay.  especially since this
could potentially be used by a setuid program :)

>    - Config::Tiny allows parameter/values before any stanzas. We have
> reserved the stanza name "default" in the RFC - is it better to just
> have that first part as reserved?

i could go either way on that.  shouldn't be too hard to implement
anyway.

>    - your routine allows comments after a parameter/value, but
> Config::Tiny doesn't. Should we recommend not using this or patch
> Config::Tiny?

i guess this was just because i was looking at a different ini
implementation when i did that part. i'm fairly ambivalent about it,
since removing the support would mean less code :)

anyway, i'll go take a look at those tests and see if i can fix the
segfaulting.

	sean