[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Thu Feb 8 05:59:19 CET 2007

A couple more clarifications/corrections to the RFC:

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:50:02PM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
> If default-opts is not found, return state unknown with appropriate
> message.
>
> If stanza is not found, return state unknown with appropriate message.

Presumably this applies iff there is an explicit --default-opts
specified? i.e. --default-opts=section or --defaults-opts=
Otherwise you might get one or two complaints from users when all their
plugins stop working. :-)

> EXAMPLES

<snip>

> An invocation of:
>
> ./check_disk --default-opts=funny_stuff -p=/home -p=/users
>
> is effectively:
>
> ./check_disk --username "Ton Voon" -p "" --expect=" space in front"
>
> (-p has a value associated, but null. Space retained in username.
> Space in front retained in expect)

The invocation here should be:

  ./check_disk --default-opts=funny_stuff

right?

> An invocation of:
>
> ./check_disk --default-opts=@/non/existant/file
>
> returns UNKNOWN, with error message
>

> An invocation of:
>
> ./check_disk --default-opts=unknown-stanza
>
> returns UNKNOWN, with error message

So we should probably add at least (assuming I'm correct above):

An invocation of:

./check_no_section --default-opts=

returns UNKNOWN, with error message

An invocation of:

./check_no_section -H localhost

where no plugin section exists does NOT return UNKNOWN, and is not expanded
at all.

Cheers,
Gavin