[Nagiosplug-devel] Check for available entropy?

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Mon Feb 26 18:59:27 CET 2007

Guys,

Would you be interested for a ckeck plugin for available entropy? In the
past years I often had server performance problems caused by running out of
entropy (uften fixed by using urandom instead of random). I was going to
make a quick one for our systems, but if it's going to be included in
Nagios-plugins I'd rather write a C one integrated to Nagios-plugins.

Also, I know ho to check this on linux
(/proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail), what about FreeBSD (*BSD), Solaris
and OS-X?

I believe that by adding this check we'll encourage people to check this
which is a GoodThing(tm)

Thanks,

Thomas