[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Nagios 3 and Embedded Perl Plugins

Stéphane Urbanovski s.urbanovski at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Sat Jan 6 10:48:53 CET 2007

Florian Gleixner a écrit :
> True, leaks and crashes could make nagios more unstable. dl-plugins
> should be used with care. "Worker threads" could isolate some of the risk.
>
> The performance gain is simply the time a C plugin needs to create a
> process. You could say, that this is not very much time, but some nagios
> setups make thousands of checks per minute.

[...]

> I think some default plugins like ping or tcp-check could be made as dl
> module, the more complicated or the plugins that are usually executed at
> the monitored nodes should be "normal" plugins.

Hello

Just an idea

- extending nrpe to be able to support builtin commonly used checks (ping, load, mem, disk, etc ...) and support permanent connection to Nagios (over Unix or TCP sockect)
- make Nagios support directly this new "super" nrpe as dl module

Security and memory management problems should be easier to fix, or at least have a lower impact if limited to nrpe.

--
Stéphane Urbanovski