[Nagiosplug-devel] check_nwstat: Feature requested

Francois Pernet WebMonster at idsa.ch
Thu Jan 18 08:32:26 CET 2007

Hi,

We have Nagios installed and monitoring many netware servers. It works fine. However, in some cases, when server beocme really busy (CPU is 100%) the agent (MRTG.NLM) is not able to answer to Nagios through check_nwstat. In fact, the checks return CRITICAL status but with the following info :
CRITICAL SOCKET TIMEOUT

I know that we can increase the timeout but I would like to know (and I guess that should be the normal behaviour) the check_nwstat should return error code 3 : UNKNOWN in such situations. The advantage is that therefore, we can manage differently these knids of errors through notifications (for instance in order to not send SMS but only mails).

What is your opinion ?

Many Thx in advance

Francois