[Nagiosplug-devel] InfiniBand Network Check Plugin?

Stefan Worm hyperactive at gmx.net
Tue Jan 23 15:13:06 CET 2007

Hello!

I wrote a Perl script (see attached file) that checks and reports the status of InfiniBand Network Adapters (RcvErrors, LinkDowned, ExcBufOverrunErrors, etc.) and that is hopefully ready for some feedback. ;-)

I just wanted to know if anyone is perhaps interested in something like that and if it is worth to develop it further - comments and suggestions welcome. :-)

Features:
- reports values via NSCA
- vendor independent InfiniBand monitoring
- can check the performance (error) counters remotely via InfinBand (very fast) or with the help of NRPE on the specific host

Todo:
- some minor bugs
- improving the usability :-)
- changes to fit to the new Nagios::Plugin modules

Thanks in advance! Stefan