[Nagiosplug-devel] check_mysql should support a command line option for a MySQL defaults file

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Sun Jan 28 13:01:52 CET 2007

hi there,

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 14:20 +0100, Wolfram Schlich wrote:

> I believe found an ugly workaround :)

<snip>

> Here is my workaround requiring no modification to check_mysql:
>
> > 	define command{
> > 		command_name check_mysql
> > 		command_line /usr/bin/env HOME=$ARG4$ $USER1$/check_mysql -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -P $ARG1$ -u $ARG2$ -d $ARG3$
> > 		}

indeed, i've had to do something similar in an unrelated project for
mysql/postgres database foo.  ugly, but it works :)

> While this should do it's job, it would be much nicer to have a
> patched check_mysql command.
> Is still nobody willing to do it? :)

i think that there's been discussion about extending the nagiosplug api
in a more general fashion which would solve this type of problem for
every plugin, not just the mysql ones.

however, i never heard if it made it anywhere.  has anyone moved further
forward with the stuff (ini-parsing for extra cmdline arguments) we
discussed?

	sean