[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Jan 31 18:14:19 CET 2007

In message <20070131141042.GA1369 at eric.schwarzvogel.de>,
Tobias Klausmann writes:
>What about Quoting? are only double quotes (") allowed? what
>about ''? Where is quoting needed? I.e. where will whitespace
>stripping happen?

Which also begs the question suppose I need to set the value:

  foo =  <space>He said "foo".

How do I quote that? Does:

 foo= (arbitrary whitespace) " He said "foo"." (arbitrary whitespace)

>Second, comments. Will leading whitespace on comment lines be
>ignored? (I hope so). What about comments on non-comment-lines
>like here:
>
>[check_foo]
>username = default # temporary, will be change May 6th.

If this is supported, "'s should be used to suppress the
commentary meaning of # so that:

  username = "default # temporary, will be change May 6th."

the username includes the entire phrase. Same if a ';' in a line is a
comment character.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard