[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1280470 ] check_procs cannot detect zombies on AIX

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 15 17:25:22 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1280470, was opened at 2005-09-02 11:35
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by psychotrahe
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1280470&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Parsing problem
Group: None

Initial Comment:
./check_procs -s Z -v
Not parseable: Z           188558   98382
<defunct> <defunct>
Not parseable: Z           196776   98382
<defunct> <defunct>
PROCS OK: 0 processes with STATE = Z

should return 2 zombies - AIX lists them as <defunct>

>> ps auxwww | egrep "USER|def"
USER         PID %CPU %MEM   SZ  RSS    TTY STAT
STIME  TIME COMMAND
root      188558                            Z
    0:00 <defunct>
root      196776                            Z
    0:00 <defunct>

>> ps -efal  | egrep "UID|def"
       F S      UID     PID    PPID   C PRI NI ADDR
SZ    WCHAN    STIME    TTY  TIME CMD
   50005 Z     root  188558   98382   0  60 20
                             0:00 <defunct>
   50005 Z     root  196776   98382   0  60 20
                             0:00 <defunct>