[Nagiosplug-devel] Switching to svn

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Jul 24 02:52:05 CEST 2007

On 9 Jul 2007, at 17:08, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> I have to change my tinderbox script to update from SVN but that's
> only a
> one word change :) I'm ready when you are.

Finally done! SVN is now live for the Nagios Plugins project!

I've left CVS on for now but followed Thomas' suggestion of adding a
warning. In fact, the configure script will just exit if you use the
CVS HEAD version. Will probably switch CVS access off in a month's time.

I've run a snapshot and this is using the SVN repository now. All the
various links I think have been updated - let me know if you spot any
problems. I expect a few teething problems in the next few weeks.

I've updated Tinderbox and fixed the URLs so they actually point to
the correct ViewCV links on Sourceforge too (awful hack of Tinderbox
scripts...).

Also, the emails have been updated so that commits are emailed as usual.

Finally, I've reconsidered about restricting parts of the repository
after reading the SVN guide: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/
svn-book.html#svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz. So now everyone in the
team has access to change any code in any of the projects. I'll see
how that goes.

For those that don't know about subversion, a basic guide is here:
http://nagiosplugins.org/index.php?
option=com_easyfaq&task=view&id=11&Itemid=29

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725