[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin output format

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Thu Jul 26 17:10:10 CEST 2007

* Ton Voon <ton.voon at altinity.com> [2007-07-26 15:49]:
> My feeling is that if we can get a single function to return the
> output, used by all our plugins, then it is easy to change the
> removal of the status part on a global basis (configure time
> option?). That's where the hard work is.

Yes, that's how I would/will implement such a change, I just wanted to
ask whether you're fine with changing the output format (by default or
optionally) before discussing implementation details :-)  And yes, all
in all it'll be quite a bit of work, but AFAICS there's no need to
change all plugins at once.

While at it, I'd also like to implement some functions which provide an
interface similar to syslog(3) for verbose output and convert the
plugins to use these functions instead of doing "if (verbose) printf()".

Making the output format a ./configure option would be fine with me.  I
could (and if no one objects will) do these changes for the C plugins.

Thanks, Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE