[Nagiosplug-devel] usage of the bool type

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Mon Jun 4 15:57:42 CEST 2007

> Since bool is available from gnulibs, support on all platforms should
> be possible, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.
>
> I don't have an opinion on whether we should use it, but I agree with
> Holger that we should be consistent. However, if we choose to use
> bool, that doesn't mean we have to do it all at once - I'm happy if
> you want to prove it works in one plugin, change a few more and we
> make a note in the dev guidelines to use bool when possible.

Yes, we should be consistent. I'm totally fine with using ints, just
wanted to know if there is a reason why they are not used.

I think the bools in check disk only work because the gnu libs are
already included. I'll move them to int tonight.

But we could add a hint to the guidelines to avoid bools/true/false for
consistency purposes and instead use int/TRUE/FALSE.

Matthias