[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1637767 ] check_ping 1.4.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 fails

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 5 17:05:33 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1637767, was opened at 2007-01-17 15:33
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hweiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1637767&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
Says "Could not open pipe: " for any command arguments.

After some researching I found that "configure" script did not created appropriate defines as well. It only created

#define PING_COMMAND=""

So after patching config.h, removing the define above and placing following defines i get it worked:

#define PING_COMMAND "/sbin/ping -t %u -c %u %s"
#define PING_HAS_TIMEOUT
#define PING_PACKETS_FIRST