[Nagiosplug-devel] check_time UNKNOWNs

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Tue Jun 12 04:30:24 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I was investigating the issue with my tinderbox that fails very often
the udp time check.

I'm not sure what's going on but this seems pretty strange:

$ time ./check_time -H time-a.nist.gov -w 999999 -W 59 -c 999999 -C 59
-t 60
TIME UNKNOWN - no data received from server time-a.nist.gov, port 37

real    0m0.134s
user    0m0.006s
sys     0m0.013s

0m0.134s is pretty fast to determine that no data was received. Looks
like either somethings wrong with the timeout or the the output is unclear.

I'll be very busy for the next two months so I don't think I'll have
time to look into this very soon... It'll be on my todo list unless
someone wants to take a look.

Thanks,

Thomas