[Nagiosplug-devel] Switching to svn

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Fri Jun 15 02:32:30 CEST 2007

On 14/06/07 05:18 PM, Matthias Eble wrote:
> Hi Ton, hi list,
>
> don't know if you or some other dev already recognized that the $Id$ and
> $Revision$ Keywords are not substituted in the svn repository.
>
> There is a problem since this setting cannot be stored on the server
> side by default. It seems that this has to be enabled locally after
> every checkout. I also read about a possibility to enable the
> substitution permanently - before the file is actually added.
>
> Here described how to add substitution in the local way.
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.special.keywords
>
> And here with the autoprop feature (only for add and import commands)
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2003-11/0265.shtml
>
> Could you take a look at this? To me it's a very important point that
> needs to be tested before switching.
> What do you think?

We've been using SVN for many years... AFAIK the keywords property needs
to be set only once.

To avoid missing them we have a script that runs every night to add that
property. All you have to do is:

cd /path/to/some_local_copy
svn cleanup
svn update
svn propset svn:keywords "Author Date Id Revision" -R .
svn commit -m "Adding Keywords property"

And you'll never miss a keyword again

Thomas