[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1495828 ] pst3 failure on solaris 10 x86

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 6 18:35:21 CET 2007

Bugs item #1495828, was opened at 2006-05-27 02:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1495828&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: CVS

Initial Comment:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1476451&group_id=29880&atid=397597

check_procs fails on Solaris 10 x86:

root at infdb4.prodqa.coremetrics.com # ./check_procs -vvv
CMD: /usr/local/nagios_new/libexec/pst3
CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

truss shows this just spinning through a read, finding
nothing, then eventually trapping a SIGALRM.

Onward!

root at infdb4.prodqa.coremetrics.com #
/usr/local/nagios_new/libexec/pst3
/usr/local/nagios_new/libexec/pst3: /dev/ksyms is not a
32-bit kernel namelist
pst3: Failed to open kernel memory: Error 0

It appears we're using a 32-bit version of libkvm. I
assume the generic /usr/lib/libkvm.so is a 32-bit
version while /usr/lib/amd64/libkvm.so is 64-bit. At
least the ELF class for libkvm.so is 64-bit.

I can't seem to find the write linking magic to make
this work.