[Nagiosplug-devel] Check_disk_smb thresholds

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Tue Mar 6 22:41:11 CET 2007

Hey there,

I'm using check_disk_smb for monitoring samba but I do not want to set
thresholds as I'm already monitoring the disk. What do you guys think about
making the thresholds optionnal?

Also warning can't be equal to critical and I thing it shouldn't be the
case. If one want to report only critical then the only way is to have -w ==
-c (or being able to omit thresholds; setting both to the same value leave
no doubt about what you expect)

If no one has objections I'll fix the equality, but what is your thoughts
about optionnal warning/critical? Since the plugin set default values
automatically maybe setting them to 0 or <0 could do the trick without
brealing compatibility? Another oprion is to symlink 'check_samba' to it and
default to no thresholds if we're called as check_samba.

Thomas