[Nagiosplug-devel] Error when executing check_ifoperstatus plugin

Santhosh Injineri injinerisanthosh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:03:26 CET 2007

Hi - I am new to nagios so thanks in advance for any assistance, we have
been haing real problems with this.

when i execute the command ./check_ifoperstatus -k 22 -H localhost i am
getting out put as

OUTPUT: Can't locate object method "session" via package "Net::SNMP"
(perhaps you forgot to load "Net::SNMP"?) at ./check_ifoperstatus line 443.

where Line No 443 is

   442          if ( $snmp_version =~ /[12]/ ) {
   443          ($session, $error) = Net::SNMP->session(
   444                          -hostname  => $hostname,
   445                          -community => $community,
   446                          -port      => $port,
   447                          -version        => $snmp_version,
   448                          -maxmsgsize => $maxmsgsize
   449                  );
   450

Can any one please assist me how to come resolve this problem and please
tell me if any set up is needed for Net::SNMP????

Please help me in this regard..

--Thanks in Advance
SANTHOSH