[Nagiosplug-devel] VBS + Proxy-Authentication

Nico Schmidt eratum at gmx.net
Mon Mar 26 11:16:35 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I have written a little Nagios-Plug-In with VB-Script. This Plugin runs under Windows using NRPE. The script is used for checking the Proxies functionality. For this I am using the "WinHttpReq" command which returns
 200  for okay
 401  for missing web authentication
 407  for missing proxy authentication.
Of course I'm giving back 0 (200),1,2 (407) or 3 to Nagios.

If I run the script with the windows cmd everthing works fine and i get back the returncode 200 (0 for Nagios).
If I start the script under Debian by using:
./check_nrpe -H 172.21.50.201 -c nt_check_proxy
I get back 407 (2 for Nagios).

I have already checked if the parameters (given in the nrpe.cfg) are handled correctley, and this seems to be.

I really do not know why this doesn't works. Hours of searching and googling did not bring any success. Peaple in other forums also couldn't help. So I hope to get the Information I nieed in this list.

Thanks a lot folks...
- Nico Schmidt (Freddchen)