[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk -p Device checking /dev

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Mar 30 12:50:45 CEST 2007

On 30 Mar 2007, at 11:01, Matthias Eble wrote:

> while I was testing my feature enhancements for check_disk (which are
> checked in now), I recognized that -p DEVICE doesn't check the actual
> device but checks the best match (/dev). I can't imagine a case where
> this makes sense at the moment.
>
> Using -E is a workaround but I think it's not obvious to users since
> --help prints "-p --path --partition". I would suggest to ignore the
> exact_match  flag for devices.
>
> What do you think?

Matthias,

Good spot. I have it on the bug list (tracked in my head) that if you
do a -p /device, it is not found properly. I think the fix is a new
loop first to check if a device name matches before doing the "best
match" loop.

Do you want to have a go at fixing this bug? I won't be able to for a
few weeks.

BTW, I've just found a problem with the mysql configure routines
which will fail on some mysql installations. Your check_disk
enhancements, with Holger's perms fix for the root plugins and the
mysql configure change probably warrants a new release. Let me know
if you are going to work on the check_disk -p device problem and we
can hold off for your fix.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243