[Nagiosplug-devel] !nrpe

Carl Ekman carl.ekman at op5.se
Fri May 4 16:45:41 CEST 2007

Good day,

I have encountered numerous clients having problem getting NRPE running on old
unices, and don't in particular like having to install a complete build
environment on for instance Mac OS X just to perform checks.

So, I wrote a plugin that has the following purpose:

Log on to the monitored host and perform commands that conform to the single
unix specification, receive the data over SSH (or RSH) and parse it locally.

I have attached a draft version of the plugin to this email, because I would
be happy to receive some feedback on it.

So, whomever might be interested in checking it out - please do so.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Carl Ekman,
op5