[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1727485 ] NTP limit number of hosts

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 29 15:00:25 CEST 2007

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=1727485&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_ntp is used to check the time on a remote host. I want to use it to check the time on a local host against the NTP servers, eg 0.uk.pool.ntp.org.

However: 0.uk.pool.ntp.org expands to 12 addresses, I don't want (or need) to check against that many; checking against a list of 3 would be enough. I need more than 1 just in case one of the remote reference servers is down.

I want to use an address like 0.uk.pool.ntp.org because I don't want the maintenance hassle of tracking changes to the list of reference time servers in the UK.

The patch adds an option: -m, --maxhosts=INTEGER Max hosts to check - for where host expands to multiple addresses

The patch is upwards compatible with the existing plugin, ie it should not break existing use of the plugin.