[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1180762 ] check_ssh does not properly close connection

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 2 06:32:47 CET 2007

Bugs item #1180762, was opened at 2005-04-11 18:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shattered
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1180762&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
with 1.4 and later, it looks like check_ssh doesn't
properly close connections.  for example, this is the
previous behaviour of check_ssh in the 1.3 series:

Apr 11 10:24:03 appsrv1 sshd[9822]: Connection closed
by xxx.xxx.64.52

but in 1.4:

appsrv1 sshd[10154]: fatal: Read from socket failed:
Connection reset by peer

i think this is just because close() isn't being
called.  i will verify this shortly...

Comment By: Sergey Svishchev (shattered)