[Nagiosplug-devel] nsclient INSTANCES options

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Sat Nov 17 12:11:22 CET 2007

    Hello,

the last version of nsclient came with a patched check_nt version that
would include a option INSTANCES that would  list counters as described
bellow.
    I'd like to know if I could submit a patch  to check_nt that as
opmonagent also support this feature.

    Thanks.

    * <counter object> is a Windows Perfmon Counter object (eg.
      Process), if it is two words, it should be enclosed in quotes
    * The returned results will be a comma-separated list of instances
      on the selected computer for that object.
    * The purpose of this is to be run from command line to determine
      what instances are available for monitoring without having to log
      onto the Windows server to run Perfmon directly.
    * It can also be used in scripts that automatically create Nagios
      service configuration files.

Example

./check_nt -H 192.168.1.1 -p 1248 -v INSTANCES -l Process