[Nagiosplug-devel] Patch for check_ups

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel nagios at babar.us
Tue Nov 20 17:20:12 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 12:19:36PM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. Is there a UPS that we can test this against? Or
> is some dummy UPS server code that we could run tests against?
> Alternatively, could you provide a server for tinderbox (http://tinderbox.altinity.org
> ) so we can continually test this plugin?

I'm setting up tinderbox, but as it's my home box, expect some
discontinuity :)
It would be great to have other types of UPS for testing.

As for the tinderbox setup, I have a few remarks. Maybe I should open
some bug reports?
1. Didn't you switch to Subversion? It's written CVS all over
http://tinderbox.altinity.org
2. I think some tests have not been migrated to the I guess new
variables standard (that is to say NP_... all upper case), and thus
leads to some duplicates
3. There is no dependency on libssl for check_http, but it will fail
(certificate checking) if not installed
4. apple.com's IP address has changed (now: 17.149.160.49)
Plus it's not the best host to check, as its reverse has 134 pointers,
thus the test may vary :)

> As I don't have any UPS to run against, I'd like something to validate
> that the patch is okay and that the plugin still works on an ongoing
> basis.

Sure, seems the way to go.

Kind regards,

--