[Nagiosplug-devel] [patch] failing check compromises SNMP community

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 24 17:59:25 CEST 2007

Matthias Eble wrote:
>> Maybe we should nevertheless fix our indentation
>> and make it consistent across all plugins in one big commit, but IMO
>> this should be discussed, first.
>
> oh yes. you're so right.
>
> The CODING file in the tarball already specifies how it should be done.
> But i guess since almost every plugin is indented in its own way, this
> is not necessarily the way to do it. It's not even mentioned in the
> guidelines.
>
> My favorite would be 1TBS with four or eight blanks tabsize.

Hard tabs for indentation, spaces for alignment. That's the only way to get
the code to look the same everywhere while still allowing people to choose
their own indentation depth.

Incidentally, this'd help merge back what changes we have in our company
repo for the plugins, as it's the indentation style we use ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se