[Nagiosplug-devel] Introduction

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 12 01:09:12 CEST 2007

Gustave Walzer wrote:
> Hi I am a college student who is taking a Unix scripting class. I am
> interested in this project and wish to help. I don't have much
> experience with perl but am willing to learn.

Sure shoot. Just hack away ;-)

There's a bugtracker on this project's sourceforge page. I have absolutely
no idea if there are any bugs for any of the perl-scripts of the plugins
package at the present time, but if there are, it's a good place to start.

I'm afraid most of the plugins are written in C though.

Another useful task you can put yourself to is to make sure all the
perl-based plugins at nagiosexchange.com works with the embedded perl
interpreter introduced in Nagios 2. It's an ungrateful task though, as you'll
have to track down individual developers and submit your patches to them, or
perhaps just send all the modified scripts back to nagiosexchange as a gzipped
tarball in the form of a new contribution (holston-perl-plugs or some such).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se