[Nagiosplug-devel] check_sql Perl plugin (was Re: Nagios::Plugin perl module integrated into SVN])

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Sun Sep 23 02:50:46 CEST 2007

I put more work into check_sql (formerly check_mssql). The additions are
numerous:

- - Can work as check_mysql or check_mssql (symlink). check_sql has an
additional parameter to define the Perl driver to use.
- - Query can be specified
- - Expect string can be specified
- - Expect string can be a Perl regexp
- - Support thresholds on numeric results
- - Support custom labels
- - Support performance data on numeric results (using LABEL,UOM label
format)
- - Support printing the result in the status line
- - Support database selection

Technically speaking the feature of contrib/check_mssql.sh can be done
with this new plugin by using a server-side stored procedure. Anyone
calling himself a MSSQL DBA should be able to write one.

Ton, I haven't looked much into what needs to be done to include it in
Nagios-plugin. If you have a good idea of what's required (apart "use
lib [...]" and symlinks) and want to get in in the current state, you
can go ahead :). I'll have to write a test script as well (no sure how
to include the new parameters without breaking the tinderbox either)...

Attatched:
203ca7bce66d0fcfcac79daade579c2a  check_sql.pl

- --
Thomas