[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1769653 ] check_by_ssh multiline capability

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sun Sep 23 18:17:40 CEST 2007

In message <E1IZQe7-0003ZE-1t at sc8-sf-web24.sourceforge.net>,
"SourceForge.net" writes:
>Submitted By: mflacke (mflacke)
>Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
>[...]
>being not sure whether this is an enhancement or a bugfix ;-) I
>attached a small patch against nagios-plugins-trunk-200708071200 which
>provides multiline capability for check_by_ssh.
>
>The existing code prints out only the first line of output while the
>patch appends all lines.
>
>The backward compatibility to Nagios 2.x installations is still given
>because all additional lines are discarded there.

Actually they aren't supposed to be. You are supposed to be able to
specify multiple commands for check_by_ssh to run. The first line is
returned as output for the check_by_ssh command and the subsequent
output is supposed to be sent to the nagios core as as passive
commands to set the status of the additional services check_by_ssh is
supposed to check.

>>Comment By: Matthias Eble (psychotrahe)
>Date: 2007-09-23 14:33
>
>Message:
>Logged In: YES
>user_id=1694341
>Originator: NO
>
>Hi Matthias,
>thanks for the patch. I checked it in, a couple of minutes ago.

So does this mean that there is no chance to fix check_by_ssh to run
multiple commands (which is really useful for reducing load)?

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard