[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk plugin fails on 80 TB filesystem

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Tue Sep 25 08:43:58 CEST 2007

hiya,

On Monday 24 September 2007 04:32:12 pm Alan Hagge wrote:
> I just grabbed the source RPM and modified it to include your CFLAGS
> modification, then recompiled on a 32-bit machine and tried it again on
> my target (which is also running 32-bit RHEL4, BTW).  And yes, it worked
> fine:

cool!

> Given that I'm sure others will, like me, download binary RPMs which
> were likely compiled on 32-bit architectures, I guess the bigger
> question now is "Is there any way to make this the default without
> impacting anything else?"  Could you perhaps try the statfs using the
> 32-bit code first, and if the EOVERFLOW error is returned, automatically
> retry with the 64-bit options?

i think it would be simpler to just compile with those options by default.

more specifically, in ./configure:

- test for the existance of getconf
- test for non-empty output of getconf LFS_CFLAGS
- if non-empty, append it to CFLAGS
- provide a way to disable that

if no one has any objections i guess i can take a stab at this.

	sean