[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-2082067 ] check_mailq: allow arbitrary command for mailq

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 29 10:53:32 CEST 2008

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=2082067&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

the current approach in check_mailq is severly limitting, if you want to get mailq output from different MTA instances or use 'sudo mailq' for example.

The fix, IMHO, is to let the user override the path+arguments to the mailq call. The attached patch solves this, although I had to remove the "-x $MAILQ" check, which is rather crude, anyway.

This patch should be a solution to the bugs #1878144 (use sudo mail), #1773779 (write a postfix mailq wrapper script, just like we do), and #880904.