[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ping resolving error

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Dec 10 12:52:47 CET 2008

* Yaron Meiry <yaronm at teleweb.co.il> [2008-12-10 13:05]:
> I've noted in the email the result for ping. Ping has no problems. Here is
> some ping output again:
> *[root at machine libexec]# ping -c 3 domain.tld

If you add "-vvv" to the check_ping command line arguments, check_ping
will spit out the exact ping(1) command line it's executing.  Does that
ping(1) command line work if you execute it manually?  If so, could you
post the complete "check_ping -vvv" output?

> I've tried check_icmp and it reports no errors:

I'd prefer check_icmp over check_ping anyway :-)  However, I'd be
interested in the reason for your check_ping issue.

Holger