[Nagiosplug-devel] Timeouts w/o alarm

Ingo Lantschner listen2007 at lantschner.name
Thu Dec 18 15:49:25 CET 2008

Hi,
I would like to add timeout-management to a plugin, which uses the
VMware-VIperl-Module. as mentioned in the coding-guidelines, these
plugins reset the alarm-timer.

"Use of the alarm is recommended noting that some Perl modules (eg
LWP) manage timers, so that an alarm set by a plugin using such a
module is overwritten by the module. (workarounds are cunning (TM) or
using the module timer) Plugins may import a default time out
($TIMEOUT) from utils.pm."

About the mentioned "module timer": I don't know, what is meant with
it and can't find something similar on CPAN. Any idea or other solution?

Thanks, Ingo

--
Ingo Lantschner
1060 Vienna-Austria