[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1891143 ] popen test runs "forever" (workaraound)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 11 15:04:41 CET 2008

Bugs item #1891143, was opened at 2008-02-11 14:43
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henry78
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1891143&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Compilation
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
Using nagios-plugins-1.4.11 I run a plain ./configure, which is stuck at "checking for redhat spopen problem".

The part getting stuck is the child_test, which takes 10 seconds to fail. As you see from the Makefile in the dir config_test the caller script (run_test) invokes the child_test 10 000 times.

I attached an starce output of a manual child_test run. If anyone guides my (I'm no big C programmer), I'd be welcome to debug/track down this problem further.