[Nagiosplug-devel] Missing SSL hint in REQUIREMENT

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Feb 11 22:39:38 CET 2008

On 11 Feb 2008, at 16:53, Hendrik Bäcker wrote:

> it would be fine to place a generic hint into the REQUIREMENTS file to
> let the user know that they need the openssl libraries to get
>
> check_ldaps
> check_http --ssl
> and so on...
>
> Maybe a summary after the configure script which plugins were not be
> existant cause of missing dependencies would be nice to.

Good idea. I've updated the REQUIREMENTS file and added a FAQ at http://nagiosplugins.org/node/84

I'm not too sure about printing out the plugins that would **not** be
compiled. Where do you draw the line? I can see a horrendous
dependency list that would have to be maintained. In fact, the
Makefile and the resultant executables is your list of "plugins that
can be compiled".

> IMHO the configure output is to long to see the single "WARNING" lines
> in it... and to tell the truth - show me a new user who looks for
> warnings ;).

I can empathise. I don't tend to read REQUIREMENTS files either....

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US: +1 866 879 9184