[Nagiosplug-devel] Missing SSL hint in REQUIREMENT

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest thomas at zango.com
Mon Feb 11 23:01:23 CET 2008

Ton Voon wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2008, at 16:53, Hendrik Bäcker wrote:
>

>> IMHO the configure output is to long to see the single "WARNING" lines
>> in it... and to tell the truth - show me a new user who looks for
>> warnings ;).
>
> I can empathise. I don't tend to read REQUIREMENTS files either....

Configure has some useful but little-known options, like asking for
quiet output:

$ ./configure -q
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
configure: WARNING: Skipping PostgreSQL plugin (check_pgsql)
configure: WARNING: LIBS="-lcrypt " CPPFLAGS=""
configure: WARNING: install PostgreSQL libs to compile this plugin (see
REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Skipping radius plugin
configure: WARNING: install radius libs to compile this plugin (see
REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Get lmstat from Globetrotter Software to monitor
flexlm licenses
configure: WARNING: Get qstat from
http://www.activesw.com/people/steve/qstat.html in order to make
check_game plugin
configure: WARNING: Could not find qmail-qstat or eqivalent
chmod: changing permissions of `./config.status': Operation not permitted
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile
            --with-apt-get-command: /usr/bin/apt-get
              --with-ping6-command: /bin/ping6 -n -U -w %d -c %d %s
               --with-ping-command: /bin/ping -n -U -w %d -c %d %s
                       --with-ipv6: yes
                      --with-mysql: /usr/bin/mysql_config
                    --with-openssl: yes
                     --with-gnutls: no
                       --with-perl: /usr/bin/perl
             --enable-perl-modules: no
                     --with-cgiurl: /nagios/cgi-bin
               --with-trusted-path: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

Although I'd not sure sure how to do it I think it would also be really
nice to so see which plugins are and aren't compiled at the end of
configure (in addition of the --with options as shown above)

- --
Thomas