[Nagiosplug-devel] check_syslog

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:22:46 CET 2008

irfan_area47 wrote:
> can you give me some example to use check_syslog?for example how to check
> log mysql
> thanks b4....

Try this plugin:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Check_Plugins.21.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1101

I wrote it to work with any syslog-to-mysql implementation. It sends a
unique log to the logserver and then checks the database for that log in
order to test the logserver stack top to bottom. It's quite flexible,
both tcp and udp, as well as allowing for pretty much any mysql database
structure. It works well for me but you need to be aware of how your
logserver works and make sure it's set up accordingly so you can mysql
access as well for the second part of the test. There is documentation
on that page.

If you run in to problems, email me. If you think the documentation is
missing something, I'll add it.

Thanks

-h

--