[Nagiosplug-devel] Licensing of Official and 3rd Party Plugins

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:12:30 CET 2008

Hi,

   I was wondering if anyone had any views on the licensing of plugins,
I have looked at GPL version 3 and it looks good, really just an update
to GPL version 2.

So the question is, why not license plugins as GPL version 3 now?
I am really asking this in 2 respects:

1. for the Official Plugins
2. for custom plugins released to Nagios Exchange.

Basically it comes down to GPLv2 vs GPLv3.

Has anyone considered upgrading to the official Nagios code base to the
newer GPL?

Should I license plugins I write as GPLv3 now instead of GPLv2? Are
there any detractions in doing this?

-h

--
Hari Sekhon