[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1865082 ] check_http with -H does not allow IPv6-address

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 6 15:09:46 CET 2008

Bugs item #1865082, was opened at 2008-01-06 15:09
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1865082&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Argument proccessing
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
checked with 1.4.9, however according to changelogs shouldn't have changed until 1.4.11

While other plugins work fine simply giving an IPv6-address instead of a hostname this does not seem to work for check_http. The normal commands.cfg uses -H, so I tripped into this problem. Using -I (explicitly saying it's an IP) works fine with an IPv6-address.

It seems that check_http gets confused by the colons and interprets part of the IPv6-adress as a port-number. Unfortunately it's also not possible to use IPv6-adress-notation in brackets ( [1::2] ) to workaround this problem.

Since everybody can edit his commands.cfg to use -I instead of -H I wouldn't say this is a showstopper. However do you think parsing of the hostname/IP could be changed so IPv6-adresses are allowed? For using a port-number instead of 80 there is another parameter available, so I doubt people use example.com:80 when calling the plugin (though you never know, for sure).