[Nagiosplug-devel] NRPE Authentication/Authorization?? DEVS PLEASE READ

Florian Gleixner flo at bier.homeip.net
Tue Jan 8 09:16:16 CET 2008

Hari Sekhon schrieb:

> So...
>
> Is there any chance we can have authentication added to NRPE like we do
> with NSCA where you must have at the very least a shared secret?

I vote for this too. check_by_ssh can be an alternative sometimes, but
sometimes it is not desireable to have the nagios server full ssh access
to the monitored machine.

> Going one step further, is it possible to have separate credentials
> limited to separate calls? This would be most helpful for event
> handlers... or for different monitoring servers or user accounts.

Here one could live with a workaround: setup different nrpe services on
different tcp ports and you can use different configs and access
controls for each nrpe service.

Flo