[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1873649 ] check_oracle.sh oracle 8

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 17 14:00:07 CET 2008

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=1873649&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Bugfix
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_oracle v1.1 (nagios-plugins 1.4.11)

Problem:
When we used this plugin and queried an ORACLE 8 Server we got this error:

ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

Cause:
In Oracle 8 the join statement does not exist.

Solution:
Modified the statement using the old syntax with

WHERE ... (+)= ... AND

Checked the new Version successfully against both:

Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

and the formerly failed

Oracle8i Release 8.1.7.4.1 - Production