[Nagiosplug-devel] Libtap included in distribution

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Jul 8 12:13:51 CEST 2008

On 29 Jun 2008, at 23:53, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

>> Based on a comment made by Thomas, I've added the libtap distribution
>> into the nagios plugins project. This enables us to run C tests
>> without a dependency on external code.
>>
>> It includes two changes to the libtap project from http://jc.ngo.org.uk/trac-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/LibTap
>>  including disabling LIBPTHREAD and asprintf from gnulib (http://jc.ngo.org.uk/trac-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/32
>> ).
>>
>> libtap will only get included if ./configure --enable-libtap is set.
>> However, compiling will only take effect if a "make test" is run.
>>
>> I'll see how the tinderbox builds cope tomorrow, but if all goes
>> well,
>> I'll make this version of libtap available on our site.
>
> Cool, Ton!
>
> If I can find some free time I'll test it on my tinderbox and
> workstation.
>
> We should also encourage tinderbox owners without libtap to use this
> config option.

I had set this as an included option for tinderbox builds (tools/
tinderbox_builds), but it caused breakages at the make stage. Partly
due to not linking libraries correctly, but HP/UX was complaining
about the libtap code.

So I've removed the --enable-libtap from tinderbox build.
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to get the old behaviour restored,
so now no libtap testing is run. Want to see if this stabilises the
builds first.

Sigh.