[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-2015822 ] check_dns should use c library functions, not nslookup binar

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 11 12:55:51 CEST 2008

Feature Requests item #2015822, was opened at 2008-07-11 11:10
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hweiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=2015822&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_dns uses nslookup binary to perform its checks rather than using C library functions.  This means an unnecessary reliance on extra binaries being installed.

This is in version 1.4.12