[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1985263 ] check_ups doesn't disconnect cleanly

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 5 11:29:31 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1985263, was opened at 2008-06-05 11:29
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1985263&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The following Bugreport we got against our debian package:

everytime check_ups connects to my upsd, the following line is left in my syslog:

Sep 11 17:39:09 holly upsd[15381]: Host 127.0.0.1 disconnected (read failure)

What happens is that check_ups drops the connection to upsd as soon as it has queried for a variable. upsd expects 'LOGOUT' before terminating the connection, and happily writes "Client on 127.0.0.1 logged out" to syslog if it sees it.

This is slightly annoying in conjunction with tools like logcheck: While I'm quite happy to ignore the "logged out" line in a upsd-specific rule, the word "failure" triggers a global logcheck rule and notifies me hour for hour.

The attached patch should do away with this problem; check_ups works now fine in my installation.

You can track the bugreport via http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=387001

Thanks and kind regards, Jan.