[Nagiosplug-devel] How do we report a possible bug (in check_ping)?

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Jun 20 16:24:25 CEST 2008

On 20 Jun 2008, at 15:02, Eddie F wrote:

> Even check_ping to "localhost" takes a while to start.

I think this is the long standing "I'm going to see if I can resolve
this hostname before I call the external executable" issue. There's a
bit in check_procs which does a is_host (or something similar). Can
you remove that and see if it speeds it up?

I think it is, by default, making ipv6 record calls to the resolver.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US: +1 866 879 9184