[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1889453 ] check_dig should support TCP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 15 01:01:42 CET 2008

Bugs item #1889453, was opened at 2008-02-08 09:30
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by psychotrahe
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1889453&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I want to check DNS services for both UDP and TCP connectivity. dig has the +tcp parameter that enables TCP querying insted of UDP but it is not accessible because check_dig doesn't support it.

While enabling this through check_dig would be a nice thing, maybe a better idea would be to pass parameters starting with "+" to dig directly, thus making it a little more transparent, giving it the ability to support future needed features.

Comment By: Matthias Eble (psychotrahe)