[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: New threshold syntax

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Mar 19 10:10:48 CET 2008

On 18 Mar 2008, at 13:30, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> Can it be missed out when we're not specifying thresholds too?

Good point. Added.

> Moving to scientific notation would require making sure everyone
> will be
> able to cope with that, so even if we want that I'd say 2.0, and even
> then possibly a compile-time option. OTOH the advantage is that you
> get
> consistent output; if could likely fix some problems we've had so
> far...
> So I think we should keep them like they are for now (ms, bytes,
> etc.).

We are already passing scientific notation in N::P (see separate
thread subject "Nagios::Plugin with scientific notation"), and that is
not in the spec.

But I agree that this is not the time to consider this, so I'll remove
the part about the perf data based on uom in the threshold.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US: +1 866 879 9184